Saturday, May 14, 2011

Top 9 things I just can't resist...

1. While these are in no certain order, the absolute number one on this list is cuddling with my babies...
Heaven. Complete and total relaxation and bliss.  I.can.not.tear.myself. away. Every night, I snuggle up, close my eyes, and use all of my senses to commit these moments to my long term memory. Our favourite game in this house is musical beds. We really need to just turn our master bedroom floor into a giant mattress.  I know some people consider this the number one thing of naughty parenting, but for us, it feels right and fits us perfectly.  There is just something so comforting and bonding about ending the day snuggled up close, in such a relaxed and peaceful place together. You could definitely say this is my "happy place". 


2.  Books, books, books...
I have been a book lover my whole life. One of my favourite things growing up, was when Boogie used to take me to the bookstore and let me pick whatever books I wanted, and the bookmarks to go with them.  That often backfired on her though, during vacations, when my parents would be begging me to get my nose out of the books and enjoy the scenery. Even as an adult, on summer trips with the kids to my parents house, I admit to hiding under the desk to finish reading even though both my parents and my kids were calling for me. Once, I get engrossed in a book, it is neglect city for everything else. We are seriously lucky my kids survived when Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis came out.  I barely looked up for a few days (lucky for them, I am a fast reader. Yes, I'm totally bragging about my skills. Droid is totally jealous).


One of my favourite
Authors/books growing up
The truth is, I harass Droid all the time about his book buying habits, but I really am just as bad. I  just disguise mine through buying billions of books for the kids, and you know, that's okay because we want them to be readers right?! Plus, I'm a teacher, so I need a lot of books!!


I really love all kinds of books. Fiction, non-fiction, chapter books, picture books, biography, autobiography, reference, resource, poetry, classics, how-to books; you write it, I need it.  There really is not enough time in a day.


3. Magazines 
One of my fav. magazines
They totally got me with one
of my fav. actress- Buffy
the Vampire Slayer, hello!
Yeah, I know this should pretty much fall under the previous category, but it really is a whole other issue. I am a total junkie. Man, those cover stories get me every time!! I totally think I am going to get "Rock Hard Abs!", or the "Easiest, Healthiest Meals of All Time!" Again, I love all kinds of magazines. Parenting, fashion (mega love me some fashion!), entertainment, decorating, health, family, exercise, ALL OF THEM!!! I can't stop myself. I have so many piles of unread magazines. I have so many piles of things I've torn out of magazines. 


4. Worst sweet tooth ever...
Again, I like it all. Maybe I just need to be more selective if I want to be able to resist things. All things sweet, I love. That's why I don't like dark chocolate. It is not sweet. It's nasty. Well, at least I can resist one thing. 


5. A cup of joe...
Stupid coffee. Why do I have to love you so? The problem is not so much the coffee, but, because of # 4, I like it super sweet. So I take a pound of sugar with it. Ugh. Sometimes I try to resist this one, and while I always feel better when I am just drinking green tea instead...it's just not the same. Droid is trying to get me to at least drink decaff, but I'm not gonna lie, I like a little caffeine with my sugar.


6. Anything funny....
If you make me laugh, I will love you forever.  The same goes for if you laugh at me. And again, I love all kinds of humour. I don't get offended and I can find humour in everything. And I am one of those people who laughs at horribly inappropriate times. It's just an automatic response. Funny people, funny books, funny shows, anything and everything funny. Some of my favourite funny people- Conan O'Brian, Will Ferrell, Jenny McCarthy, Sarah Silverman, Ellen, Tina Fey, and oh so many more that I know I am going to want to keep adding to this list!  


7. School and office supplies...
This is probably why I am a teacher. I walk into Staples and my heart starts pounding with excitement. Notebooks, pens, binders, sticky notes, agendas....dude. I wish it was September so I had a sort of reason to go buy a bunch. 




8. Organizing and rearranging things...
I love to "go-through" stuff. I am constantly rearranging my house. Especially the kid's rooms. Droid and Boogie just roll their eyes and say "oh no," when I say what I am doing. I am constantly wanting to organize things, and get things, to organize things. I don't know why this brings me such joy, but it does. I am constantly like a nesting preggers lady. Granted, these days most of it happens in my head. I need Boogie to come and be me for a week so I can get in a good dose of organizing. (Let's just say Owen likes to unorganize as much as I like to organize, so he's not the best teammate for that. Hence the need for a Boogie intervention.) 


9. Blogging...
Enough said.




2 comments:

  1. Wow - we are twins. Twins. Twins I tell you!!! And Christopher Pike rocks. I used to LOVE his books too. And well - you know how I feel about my children and about organizing - so yeah. We're soul mates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! That's pretty much what I am realizing as I read your blog, girlfriend! :) I still have most of my old Christopher Pike books! Thinking I might have to add them to my summer list!
    Thanks for reading! xoxox

    ReplyDelete