Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's like I don't even know myself anymore. Every time I walk by a mirror, I recoil in horror. No, I didn't get a haircut. Something much worse. Something that is a part of me and who I am, and has been all my life, without me even realizing it.

One of my nephews has a biology assignment regarding recessive traits. He is looking at earlobes- attached vs. unattached. So I get a message asking us to have a look at all of our earlobes. No problem! I'm thinking in my head that my earlobes are definitely unattached so I don't need to check, but I take a look at all 3 of the kids. Yep, all unattached as well. The kids wondered what I was talking about so I google some pictures to show them the difference. For those of you who may want a visual, here you go. So as we're looking I'm thinking oh good, we all
Top row of ears are all unattached earlobes. Bottom row are all attached.
 have unattached earlobes which are clearly more attractive, in my opinion. A cute little curve at the bottom, not all attached to your head in a Frankenstein manner like those gross attached ears. I check Droid's picture because he wasn't home. Unattached as well! So I decide to go have a little peek in the mirror at my cute unattached earlobes just to admire them. And that is when my world fell apart.

OMG. I am Frankenstein. How did those get there?? How did I never know???  All this time I thought I had cute little unattached earlobes, with an adorable little curve at the bottom. But there on the side of my head sat a horrible looking attached ear.

Every time I look at my ear now, it's like I'm looking at someone else's ear.  I feel like I was abducted by aliens, but instead of a probe, they gave me ears.
 I can tell Droid looks at me different now.

So I dare you to go look at your own ears in the mirror. If you are as traumatized as me, don't worry, I'm thinking of starting a support group. In the mean time, I guess this solves my "should I get a pixie haircut" dilemma. No way am I flaunting my Frankenstein ears.


9 comments:

  1. Bah!! ATTACHED as well!!! Who's responsible for this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
    Let's go all way the way to the top and blame Nana and Pop. I looked at a picture of Dad and he totally had an attached ear as well! I couldn't see boogie's ear. She must have attached and hides it. Maybe she will tell the truth on Facebook. At least we can suffer together. Maybe they will stick us all on an island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's funny how you had to check a picture of Andrew to be sure - we are with these people all the time, sleep next to them but still need to consult a photo to confirm what some something looks like!! Vesna and I did the same thing in the car...I was like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I pulled over and kicked her out when I realized how attached she was...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Dude, I didn't even know MY OWN ear!!!!!
    You are so right!

    At least Vesna and I can be outcasts of the family together! Will we have to eat outside next year at Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be mad mine are unattached. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! We did a whole thing in bio on recessive/dominant in high school too - I knew then I had the same thing as you girl. It's all good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to be a we blanket here, but even though I had to look to see what everyone else was, I've always found people with dangly ears icky - especially women who wore those massive hoop earings and then the dangly thing ends up at their shoulders - EWE!!!! Kind of like people with their second toe massively bigger than their big toe?! wtf!
    Either way, we're all beautiful - who cares about the ear thing! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doh! Can't blame the French... looks like they come straight from POP!

    ReplyDelete