Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter fun...

I am so glad it's winter in Canada. Now I can finally play some of my all time favourite games. The other day for example, I played a top level game I like to call Fight or Flight Fantasy IV. It was like -67 degrees Celsius here, and good old Droid left the car on empty for me. As I started to fill 'er up, I thought, no way am I going to make it all the way, I am putting in $15 and that is it. That was like level one. I beat level one easy peasy, so I decided to dare myself to make it to $30. Level two was a little more difficult. I found myself staring at the counter, which was creeping up at mega slow mode, and some high, cold winds kicked in around me. I almost threw in the towel. But I held out and beat level two.

At this point I decided I could totally beat the boss and achieve full tank master level, but I had to develop some serious strategies. So I turned away from the counter and started to people watch. I totally enjoyed watching as I beat out a lady driving a Hummer. She maybe put in 5 bucks before she called it quits.  That's when I hit my stride, and before I knew it, bingo bango baby! Full tank master status! Mission full tank of gas on a mega cold windy morning complete!

I also seem to be playing Match That Grizzly Bear. That's where you see how much fat you can store up during the winter, and well, the term leg beard also comes into play. If you play it right, by spring, you look like a grizzly bear. I'm not actually a fan of this game, but I seem to be playing it anyways.

So ya... good times all around.

6 comments:

  1. I played that game today too!! It was -3 F here, I only made it to $20!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omfg you make me laugh so much!!! That was awesome!! Dude - I NEVER make it to a full tank - like never! And lmfao about the grizzly bear! omg too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant you just sit in your car while the gas is pumping. Im confused. I love playing grizzly bear but I actually like playing better in the summer:)
    T-rae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niki and Ves, thank you for your support and enthusiasm for the games :)

    Mike, the fish must be playing Grizzly Bear.

    Trae, I understand your confusion. There, at the wonderful gas stations of Grand Junction, there is that dandy little switch you can flip and it will fill 'er up all the way for you. But oh no, not here. Here, we are hard core about gas filling up so we do it all the way ourselves. No little switch. You should stop being so lazy and try to play Fight or Flight Fantasy IV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah it was so nice on the way over here where you don't have to hold the pump (well for Mike anyway - it's not like I was pumping gas tee hee). Wtf is up with Ontario where they don't have that? Although, American's don't use electric kettles for some reason either, so that's kinda weird too....but at least you don't freeze your face off with a stove kettle....

    ReplyDelete