Thursday, April 28, 2011

"You. Make. Me. Feel like I'm living A..."

As you can imagine, I am not one who gets embarrassed easily.  I think that is pretty obvious. So at times when people would ask "What's your most embarrassing moment?", I never really had an answer (Granted, my answer probably should be "everything that comes out of my mouth.")

Well, that is no more. I finally have my moment.

The other day, as I was headed home from work, I picked up my cell phone and tried to call a super good friend of mine (just in case there are any Po-Po out there, I totally wasn't driving yet. (I recently got a little speeding ticket, I don't want to push my luck) Can I do parenthesis within parenthesis? I think I have a parenthesis addiction). Anyhow, she didn't answer so I left her a humorous message, hung up, and proceeded to do what I always do when I am alone in the car- crank up some tunes, and belt my heart out like I am holding some kind of Lollapalooza inside my car. Seriously I make the faces, dance, and everything. I'm pretty sure one day someone is going to ask me to be in their music video.

Fast forward ten minutes, my phone does it's little text message jangle.I open that bad boy up, and it is a message from the super good friend I tried to call.

"I don't know what I loved more, (the humorous yet slightly inappropriate comment I left on her voice mail), or the fact that you never ended the call and serenaded me with car singing of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream". Oh yes, it's saved as an audio file for our next assembly"

At that moment, in addition to wondering exactly why I considered her such a super good friend, I was horrified! How did I not properly hang up the phone!?! My singing is TERRIBLE!!!! That's why I only do my belt-outs when I am alone. I don't even subject my children to that sound! (although I am now realizing that will be a wicked punishment for missed curfews etc. in the future!) Seriously, I used to get in so much trouble in middle school during choir because I would goof off rather than sing what I was supposed to be singing (sorry Mrs. Koemon!), but little did the teacher know, I was just trying to protect everyone from bleeding to death through their ears!

You are probably thinking I can't be all that embarrassed, since I am BLOGGING about it! But that is only because you guys can't hear it. And lucky for me, super good friend is like me, and loves to threaten to do all kinds of horrible things, but will never actually do it. Which is just ONE reason why I love her so much. Although I am probably testing my luck by calling her bluff on this.

4 comments:

  1. Did you sound like an American Idol contestant or an American Idol tryouts reject? :-) That's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I hope we get to hear that recording!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juan, remember William Hung???

    Fran, as someone who has some musical taste and skills, you really better watch what you wish for.

    ReplyDelete