Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Beauty of Children...

So, as many of you know, I have been taking an online course this summer. It is a pretty intense course, that normally runs for three months, but because it is during the summer, the same course load is all slammed into one month. Needless to say, it has been consuming me and keeping me pretty overwhelmed.

During this month, I have been living off a diet of coffee, and whatever I can eat while I sit down at my computer, and doesn't take me too long to grab from the kitchen so I can get back to work. For example, yesterday I ate a box of these:



My nights have ranged from about 1am (on a good night) to 4 am (clearly on a bad night). Then up with the munchkins at about 6 am. So I am sure you can imagine what my mood has been like. 

Poor diet+no sleep+lots of stress+big to do list+no time to shower= 


Yes. That is what I look like now. Just be thankful you can't smell me. However, this post is not to make you afraid of me, or feel bad for me. But today I was struck by something powerful (And no, it wasn't my smell).

No matter how grumpy, smelly, tired, stressed or overwhelmed I have been, there has been one powerful constant in my life. The unconditional love of my babies (Droid has been pretty great too, but this post is not titled The Beauty of Droid...maybe some day). They have been patient, forgiving, loving, supportive.   They have given me nothing but love, and wanted only the same in return. They don't care what my problem is, they just want to love me, and feel it in return. 

I was just thinking this evening how amazing children are.They are born only wanting to give, receive and feel love. That's all. That's how it all starts. I am always so devastated when I hear those horrible stories of horrible things happening to children. All I can think is, all they wanted was love. And how can you look at those perfect, tiny, trusting faces and not give it to them. 

Not a day goes by that I don't realize what a blessed, and lucky momma I am. My babies are empathetic, kind, helpful, funny, good to each other, good to me, good to others, good listeners, and, I really could go on and on about all the ways they make me proud. I just want to make sure that I sustain that natural, unconditional love they have been born with. I just want to make sure they know that no matter what might be popping up in our lives at that time, they are what guides me, and inspires me. Nothing motivates me more then to look in their eyes, or the feel of them wrapping their perfect arms around me. That is all it takes to remind me to do my best to make this existence we share together as beautiful, peaceful, and loving as possible. Thank you, Aidan, Dani and Owen. XOXOXO




2 comments:

  1. Those babies are lucky to have such a great momma! The truth is, that's all anyone wants: to be loved. Unfortunately, as adults we've experienced too much "unlove" that we're skeptical and we forget to love those around us. But I'm willing to bet your kids are going to grow up remembering it because that's how they've been raised. Like I said, they're darn lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Beauty of Droid...That's got a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete