Sunday, March 6, 2011

back by popular demand!

Alright, it appears in the public opinion polls, me as a grown up is scarier than me, as me! So I'm back! Told ya it wouldn't last long...

Regardless, I wanted to share with you the one cool act I did in my short time as a grown up.

Driving home from a plaza near my house, I noticed a car parked off the right shoulder, in front of one of the plaza stores. Suddenly from the drivers side window, a coffee cup comes flying out and lands in the street.

Now, grown up or not, litter bugs are a pet peeve of mine. But grown up Brenda does something about it. I immediately stopped my car, jumped out, and ran up to the litter bug car. I scooped up the coffee cup, and said to the driver, who's window was still conveniently rolled down, "there are tons of garbage cans around," illustrated by pointing one out, "so there is no need to toss this out the window". I took the abused coffee cup back with me, to be thrown out respectfully at my house.

Not gonna lie, I was worried I might get shot up for my brazenness. But to make my point about littering was worth the risk. So today, I am clearly more John Wayne than Charlie Sheen. It doesn't really matter that the driver who tossed out the coffee cup was an older lady who probably didn't understand what I said. The car she was driving COULD have belonged to the mob. For the record, I didn't see it was an older lady before deciding to go on this quest. I mean, I'm not a bully.

My point is, don't litter. Because even though I'm not a grown up anymore, you never know when I might jump out and scold you for it, and then throw out your litter for you.

2 comments:

  1. It would have been better had you have thrown it back into the persons car :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is honestly what Droid said I should have done! Ha!

    ReplyDelete