Friday, October 7, 2011

Welcome to Mars....

You know what I like to do when I am so busy that I have already given up eating, sleeping and general hygiene? Get a new dog. A puppy to be exact. Clearly, I am blessed with phenomenal skills in the areas of decision making, prioritizing and the overall knowing of one's personal limits.

Truthfully, it's not my fault. Droid went to the Humane Society with the plan of "surprising" me for my birthday. Clearly he is just as blessed, in the area of picking gifts for his wife. Well, the humane society, being smarter then the both of us put together, doesn't let you do that. But Droid had already fallen in love, so he texted me this picture.

Come. On. I never really had a choice, did I? I mean, we are making eye contact through this photo. How could I look him in the eyes and say, "Hey. Good luck in that cage. But you might make life a little more complicated so I can't share all the love I already feel for you. Sorry about that. Hope that cold, hard floor isn't too rough on you." 

I couldn't. So, we have a new dog. That makes 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 kids and 1 Droid, who obviously needs more supervision then all of them put together. Granted, the universe was looking out for me a little bit, because puppy had a brother who looked exactly like him. And NO WAY could I have left one behind, all lonely and sad. So thankfully, when we got there, someone was already adopting his brother. 

We named him Mars because he has this funny spot of reddish fur on the top of his head, that reminded me of the red planet. Okay, I pretty much bribed/forced everyone to name him Mars. Well, technically I gave them the choice between Mo and Mars. I kinda liked Mo, so that when I called the dogs at the same time, I could just say "MoJo!" But Mars it is. 

Mars has adjusted nicely, and fits right in with our crazy home. Jo is slowly coming around to the idea of having a mini me. And as you can see below, the cats are pretty happy too. 
Poor Lenny hiding on top of the cupboards because he is so happy we have a new puppy.

Please enjoy these adorable pics of our new addition. Or not. I am actually just posting them for myself, so I can look at them every time I find some new present from Mars, like the freshly chewed shoes he left me today. 

Ps. I need to say, he is going to be a beast! He is only 3 months old and he is already huge!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment