Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whoa...I am officially diagnosing myself....

Alright people. We have a serious problem. I have been battling some serious "mommy brain", if you will, for some time. Mega trouble concentrating and focusing, horrible memory, forgetting how to talk at moments (seriously, one day it took me like 3 times to say Halloween), like some serious problems here. I have even had my doc check my thyroid, certain that they would find a solution there for my mental fog! I am not kidding, I even checked out the Alzheimer's website the other day. Anyways, it always gets put off as being a busy mom of three who probably isn't eating properly or something...whatevs. Anyways, at least I've put it out there now, so one day when they find something wrong I can refer back to this blog to say I knew it! If I can still read at that point anyways.

But today it has escalated to an all new level of me being concerned for my mental capacities.

I came home from work, and sat down for a moment to check out some stuff on the computer (facebook, obviously). I saw good old Tron had written a new blog, so I headed on over to check it out. Immediately I noticed she had a new follower, going by brenda. Uh, dude, that's my name, weird. I guess she knows another Brenda. So I go check out my blog. I have another follower named brenda!!! What?! So I immediately call Tron to find out who this person is she knows, named Brenda, that is following our blogs.

So I call Tron, and the plot thickens. She does NOT know another Brenda. She thought it was me following her twice, and following myself. I insist, it is not me. I was already following her a long time ago, this one showed up new today on both of our blogs.

I decided to investigate this matter further. Seriously, I was creeped out. I'm thinking someone is messing with me. I even called Droid and told him I was going to blog about this other brenda following me and messing with me. He made me promise I would not blog about it. So I click on this brenda's profile. She is following most of the blogs I follow, but not all. Hmmmm....I remember that I recently registered to follow another blog, so I go to that blog and it shows my name as brenda. So I am thinking, dude, is it me?? Should I send the brenda following my blog a message and see if I get the message to me from me??  What the what, man?? So I decide to add a picture to that profile. Then I go back to Tron's blog to see if my picture shows up with that brenda. And sure enough. There are now 2 pictures of me, following Tron. I go to my blog. Yep, there I am, following myself.

Now, I assure you. I do NOT ever remember making me follow myself, or Tron for a second time, or Droid's blog for a second time. I've decided that to be having that level of lack of recall, I must be developing a second personality.

That part that really bothers me, and is quite disappointing,  is the fact that my other personality picked the name Brenda.

Too bad. Such a missed opportunity to have a different, radical name. Well, at least I don't need to feel threatened by my other personality. She's not that creative.

5 comments:

  1. Now I'm following you AND brenda under my twitter. and my blogger. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! I totally did a fist pump with that! Is it cool that I'm following myself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a stoury once abouut a detective whou was investigating a murderer, and it turned out HE was the murderer, and he was douing it in his sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wouw, that souunds like a stoury I shouuld read. Maybe it will help me soulve my proublems.

    ReplyDelete