Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello? Hello?

Are you wondering if I'm still here? Because I definitely have not been blogging it up lately, right??

Don't worry, I'm still here. It is just as my pals Miriam and Juan predicted. I am back to work, therefore unable to blog it up all day. Yep, I am a teacher, so my holiday break is over.

Now I imagine a thought is running through your head, depending on where you live. If you live in Canada, you are probably worrying about that fact that I spend my days corrupting the youth of Canada, and wondering who the heck let me into the education system. If you live in the United States, you are probably thankful that I moved outta that place, so your youth are safe, for the mean time. If you live anywhere else in the world, you are probably now thinking you will never visit North America. Sorry for ruining it for you.

You see, me becoming a teacher is not my fault. It can all be blamed on my good friend Murphy and his Law. It is time for me to get my pay back. My classmates voted me class clown in high school, but I'm sure my teachers had a different word for it. Something with the word "annoying" in it, I imagine.

What I really mean though, is that me becoming a teacher is not really about me getting my payback, but is my way of paying it forward. I was blessed to have a number of incredible, patient, supportive and encouraging teachers throughout my school years. They encouraged, rather than squashed, the class clown (or annoying person) inside me. They may regret it now, if they find me blogging and exposing myself to the world, but they still let me do my thing, and be me.

So I pay it forward. I dress up like an "Officer" at school assemblies, with my pet monkey sidekick no less. I walk down the halls and am greeted with "WHAT WHAT!" from students. My main goal is to make those kids (and my co-workers ;-) ), smile on the inside and out. I want school to be a place where they feel good, about themselves and others. Where the person they are meant to be, can grow.

Whoa, speaking of school, I gotta get ready to go there now. They may let me be a clown, but they don't let me do it in my pajamas!!!

3 comments:

  1. At least now Miriam and I will be able to keep up with the blog posts :-) We didn't mean to be the Masters of Doom by predicting the sharp decrease in your blog posting frenzy, it was bound to happen lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :). I would let you sculpt my children's brains any day. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete