Friday, December 24, 2010

Oh no, Boogs, that's not morbid at all....

Alright, so this post will help many of you understand me a little more. It is the first of many to come, about Boogie, my mom. I super lover Boogie. She is funny, always willing to help, a mega good Grandma, and an amazing mom/friend to me, always no matter what. I could go on about Boogie's good qualities, but right now I'm slightly creeped out by an email she just sent me, so I'm going to focus on that because it is going to make for a super funny/sick read for you!!

Let's start with a picture that was in the email:

Okay, looks like a normal scene to see this time of year right??

Now for some background information. My Dad, whom I also loved very dearly and had a very close relationship with, struggled through a horrible battle with ALS. He passed away 2 years ago this September :(

So fast forward back to the email I got from Boogie this morning and lets zoom out on the picture a little...


WTC???????????? (that stands for What The Crack, I am keeping this appropriate!) 

THAT. HOLIDAY. SCENE. IS. ON. MY DAD'S. HOSPITAL. BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is sick, Boogie. Sick!!

Now, there is a bonus to Boogie's sick idea. These Boogie ideas were the moments my Dad and I lived for. The look that would pass between us was priceless. I can feel my Dad laughing right now, after he saw my face when I opened that email. He would have loved this. These moments offered the 3 of us some major bonding time (okay, so Boogie might not feel the same about that, but I can assure you, these moments have endeared Boogie into our hearts forever. She is just so Boogie, and she is just so awesome!!). So Thanks, Boogie. Thanks for making me feel inside the same way I did so many times with Dad. I can almost feel him here with me :)

I love you, Boogie!!! ( you are still mega sick though)

 

2 comments:

  1. um... nope, still doesn't help me understand you any more... after this many years I don't think it'll ever happen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I love you. You can make me laugh and cry in a matter of 3 minutes:)

    ReplyDelete