Monday, December 27, 2010

This guy I know named Tyson....

So there is this guy I know named Tyson. I have known him since middle school. Once in high school we were in a play together where Tyson got to throw me down on the ground a lot. It was a pretty good bonding experience. Well, Tyson is now in LA, about to make it big as an actor any day, and I am living in the the frozen tundra land of Canada (okay, so not really any tundra in the part of Canada I live in, but still, compared to LA all of Canada is tundra). So it's pretty obvious which one of us had the most talent (I want to add that I can't wait till he makes it big because I have all kinds of stories to sell to the gossip mags about him. He recommended I go to TMZ first, but I'm thinking US weekly or In Touch, so I can cut the stories out for my scrapbook).

Anyways, Tyson is now married to this beautiful girl named Angela. Now, I have never actually met Angela, but I can tell through her facebook persona via Tyson's facebook page, she is one cool girl. She is funny but subtle, cool and collected. She just radiates natural awesomeness. Tyson has said on a few occasions that Angela is a facebook fan of me, going so far as to call her my "number one facebook fan". So I thought she liked all the rude comments I make on pretty much everything Tyson posts. So I was feeling pretty special that this cool girl liked me.

But later I had this revelation. OMG, what if "number one facebook fan" was said sarcastically?? Tyson is just as sarcastic as I am, after all. What if I am like an inside joke between the two of them?? What if Tyson says things like "Hey Angela, your favourite facebook person commented again!" and she then rolls her eyes and says something like "when is that jerk going to get a life?" And then Tyson laughs a lot??? I have after all said for Angela to friend me, or become a follower of my blog...and that hasn't happened.

So then I felt sad, and I wanted to cry and send Angela a message asking why she doesn't like me, and tell her I would try to be better.

After a few hours of self doubt, I had another revelation. I decided I was totally okay with that role. If me being a total moron gave two lovebirds an inside joke that ultimately gave them some good bonding times and strengthened their love, I am okay with that. So, I will just keep doing what I'm doing. I figure in the end Tyson will thank me, because then he will have some stories to sell to the gossip mags as well. About that stalker who was obsessed with him and his wife via the internet and couldn't stop commenting on every single aspect of their lives, and they were so scared they had to hire a giant lizard to guard their property.

2 comments:

  1. You know, 14 1/2 years ago go when you, Tron and I went to see the empty Glendwood Springs slime pool, I dreaded letting you ride in my 1986 740GLE Volvo with heated seats . I thought maybe you would try to steal my dried carrot that was hanging from my rear view mirror, or maybe you would just talk about me throwing you down on the stage the whole time.
    Well, if I knew that the internet was going to become huge (getting you and I spouses) and that after a while there would be a blog, and five or six years later, you wouldn't have to be messed up to have a blog, and then you would create a blog and write about my wife and I.... well, I would have been a lot less scared about you stealing my carrot. I'm really, really sorry. And I just might put a toonie or two in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo......I'm not sure if this is a compliment or.....

    ps. I have pictures from that Glenwood day. They are totally going to be blogged about.

    ReplyDelete